Google+
Huge Opportunity! Get Advice From 25+ Industry Experts on Building Your Design Business! Free & All Online. LEARN MORE

ian's hp room 2 (brighter background)

Description: The world of Harry Potter is so magical and I've always had an appreciation for gothic style furniture and architecture.

Shop This Look

Comments

You must be logged in to leave a comment

Create an Accountor
  • rondadesigns

How fun is this Annette! I was just looking up Harry Potter objects to create an HP board for fun, and was so surprised to find this beauty created by you! Love it! =0) Hope you don't mind I'm gonna borrow lots of bits here! You should check out my Facebook photos if you like HP, I had a really great party last year, with attention to all the fun details in the stories. My daughter was decked out as Hermione : )

about 5 years ago

• akdunlap
      akdunlap (about 5 years ago)

Hi Ronda!
      I really stink at getting my replies out to my olio friends :( So busy anymore and then so tired when I sit down at night - I'm very sorry for the delay (I know I owe you more responses...I'll get there eventually!) I'm really glad you like this room. My son LOVES Harry Potter (I do too!) I'm kind of sad because I've had his room decorated with Harry Potter decor (for teens) and for his 18th bday he asked if we could redecorate his room to be more grown up :( So, I complied and went on PBTeen and got him some new bedding for his birthday. (I did a board for him...I'll post it soon.) I'm not on facebook (I know I need to be) but I'm sure your party was very cool! I've had a couple of Harry Potter themed parties for him, one was a surprise party in an old stone pavilion in our local park when he turned 13 (said it was his favorite party ever) and one at our house when he turned 16. There's a book out called The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah Bucholz and we made all kinds of different foods for that one. I'd love to see your photos, maybe I can have my son log onto your facebook page so I can see them! Anyways...I don't mind at all that you borrowed my items...have fun and borrow away!!! :) Thanks for your nice comments...always so fun to hear from you!

• rondadesigns
      rondadesigns (about 5 years ago)

Haha! No prob my friend, I know how life gets so busy, and believe it or not after all this time being on Olioboard...can you believe it I only just discovered the "notifications" tab, so I missed a lot of comments and replies...heehee : P Anyways, ya I know what ya mean about the sons getting older and moving on in there lives and tastes...a bit sad, but I know they have to spread their wings : ) And ya I know about the cookbook, we used it as well...My daughter still drinks Butter Beer as fun treat! Lots of fun stuff we made the chocolate frogs and I handmade all the boxes along with all the wizard cards that went inside. Lots of work to an HP party, but so fun! That stone pavilion sounds amazing for the party you had, I bet it was sensational! Well, thanks again, and don't worry about any replies hun, I know you're out there and glad you're happily involved in life!!! : ) Luvs ya!

• akdunlap

My son loves butter beer...it was the main reason I ordered the cookbook and then it wasn't in there! :( So, I googled it and we came up with our own recipe! It was fun concocting all of the HP treats! :) Your son's 18th should be coming up soon (if I remember correctly from one of your other notes to me that I haven't responded to yet! :( Hope you have a fun bday celebration!

• rondadesigns

Yah, we kinda did the same with the Butter Beer, Torani's English Toffee syrup from Smart N Final, Cream Soda, Cream, and of course dry ice for the party...so cool! Yes, you had it right, just a couple weeks now and my 1st born will be 18....Can hardly believe it, but then you know what I'm talkin bout! Thanks, we will definitely have a good one! : )

• akdunlap

They really grow up fast, I'm so proud of the person he's becoming. Is your son a senior this year?

• rondadesigns

Yah, he's just finishing up! He's an amazing young man too, I love my kiddos to pieces, but learning to let go a bit more than ever! It's become increasingly clear that if I don't let them spread their wings, they'll never learn to fly! Hard lesson for a very "involved" Mamma, but I know it's necessary! : )

• rondadesigns
  • palermo
  • wilmaclinton
    • akdunlap
      akdunlap (over 5 years ago)

I really appreciate your vote wilmanadine...thank you!

• cherylelizabeth
    • akdunlap
      akdunlap (over 5 years ago)

Thanks so very much for your vote cherylelizabeth!

• selmahammerdesigns
    • akdunlap
      akdunlap (almost 6 years ago)

I really appreciate your votes selmahammerdesigns...thank you!

• mirellaparer
    • akdunlap

I really appreciate your votes mirellaparer...thank you!!

• drybak
    • akdunlap

Thank you drybak for all of your support and for your votes...I really appreciate it!!

• kari2011
    • akdunlap

I really appreciate your vote kari2011!

• redadie
    • akdunlap

I really appreciate your support...thank you for your vote redadie!

Load More

Duplicate Board

All we need is a name!

Close

Design a Room & try it before you buy it!

Create 2D & 3D rooms that you can save, shop2 & share.

or
Creating an account means you’re okay with Olioboard's Terms of Service, Privacy Policy
Close

Design a Room & try it before you buy it!

Create 2D & 3D rooms that you can save, shop1 & share.

Close

Welcome back!

Please login below:

The username or password you entered is incorrect. Please try again.

Lost your password? Click here.

New to Olioboard? Join Now

Or login using:

Lost your password?

No problem, just put in the email address you registered with and we'll send you instructions to reset your password.

Terms & Conditions

1. Your Acceptance

Olioboard and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Olioboard.com") provides service to you subject to the following Terms of Use, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. These Terms of Use constitute a binding agreement between Olioboard.com and you governing your use of the Website. By using and/or visiting the www.olioboard.com Website or any other Websites owned by Olioboard.com (collectively the "Website"), you signify your assent to both these Terms of Use and the Olioboard.com Privacy Policy, which is specifically incorporated into the Olioboard.com Terms of Use. You are only authorized only to use the Website if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to these Terms of Use. Please read these Terms of Use carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms of Use, please do not use the Website.

2. Website Access

Olioboard.com hereby grants you permission to use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Use, provided that: (i) your use of the Website as permitted is solely for your personal, noncommercial use; (ii) you will not copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without Olioboard.com’s prior written authorization; (iii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended purpose; and (iv) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Use.

In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to create an account. You are not allowed to use another user’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You may change your password at any time by updating your Account Profile page. In addition, you agree to immediately notify Olioboard.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Olioboard.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 2.

By registering with Olioboard.com, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred by any laws from using the Olioboard.com Website. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself in all required fields of the registration form. If any of your information changes, you agree to update your registration information as soon as possible. If Olioboard.com suspects that your registration information is not complete, current, or accurate, or that you have otherwise violated these Terms of Use, your account may be subject to suspension or termination, and you may be barred from using the Olioboard.com Website.

You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or similar technological devices or programs, that access the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Olioboard.com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Olioboard.com grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Olioboard.com reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases, in its sole discretion.

You agree not to collect or use any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") including without limitation account names, email addresses, or other User Submissions (as defined below), from the Website, nor use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes, including without limitation to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website.